Sunday, August 11, 2013

End of summer search

Today is the last day of summer break! :-(  While I look forward to the school year starting, it is always sad to see summer end!  Over the weekend, my school district has sent me on an almost impossible search.  In order to have stuffed animals or fabric covered items in our classroom, they need to be treated with "flame retardant" spray.  Since the district is requiring this, one would assume that this would be an easy find, right?  No...I believe it doesn't really exist.  After searching online, I found a teacher forum and several people said they found spray at Joann's craft store.  Looking on their website confirmed it.  So, we went to find it.  When I asked, the workers looked at me as though I had horns growing from my head.  They didn't have it.  So, we tried Lowes.  Again, I had another horn growing.  I kept getting asked the question, "What do you do with it?"  My response, "Spray stuff to make them flame retardant???"  All I really want is an empty bottle of the stuff.  My little bitties put EVERYTHING in their mouths, so I don't really want to spray some foreign substance on things, just to have it end up in their mouth.  It would be really fabulous if saliva is flame retardant!  I would have no problem documenting that everything has been treated!  My other option is to find some teacher who has found this substance and beg and plead with him/her...anyways, tomorrow will be here before I know it, so I should probably enjoy my last day of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment